Welcome to Starpath Designs
I hope you will enjoy exploring my Fused Glass!
Each piece is made individually. I use a simple hand held glass cutter and runners/breakers. I start with clear glass in the overall shape I am working to create. I then cut colored glass in multiple pieces, overlaying and overlapping to give depth to my design. Details are further added with frit and stringers. In some designs I then add additional clear glass for texture and more depth. The assembled layers are placed in a kiln and fired between 1450 and 1525 degrees to melt (fuse) all the pieces into a solid work.
Some of my work include:
- Chimes - all strung with seven strand coated stainless steel leader wire good for inside or outside in durability. Also available as "non-chimes" that can be hung as sun catchers and wall decor.
- Panels - available with clips or hanging wire or as a piece to display on an easel or stand.
- Cabinet Door Inserts. Custom designed and made to fit into "glass ready" cabinet doors.
- Mirrors - add color and interest in any room.
- Table tops- available with and without table stands
- Dishes and trays- some stands available
Custom orders are welcome. I enjoy hearing your ideas and helping you design that special piece that is just for your home.
Your feed back and comments are always welcome.
Contact by email : firstname.lastname@example.org. By cell phone: (478) 731-2123